CLUB EVENING 10 mile Time Trial series
6 consecutive THURSDAYs, from 7TH JUNE - 12TH JULY 2018
Course A10/11 - start time 7.30pm
LFCC Evening 10s Returns for 2018 with a HQ - see below for details
We need a full roster of volunteers signed up in good time before each event - our absolute cut off date is the week before the event - if the roster isn't full by then, the event will be cancelled.
Volunteers will be able to earn a volunteer token for each night they help out, and any LFCC member wishing to compete in the Club TT Trophy, will be required to volunteer for at least one event in order to qualify.
N.B. If you volunteer for an event and that night gets cancelled, it still qualifies as your one night volunteering.
The Championship is based on your 4 best rides out of the maximum 5 events in which you can race (taking out the one volunteered for) - if a subsequent event is cancelled, or there's a night you can't race, meaning for example you only race 3 nights, then the average of the rides completed will be used to bring you up to the four times required for the purposes of the championships.
- Cost: The cost to club members to ride will be £3.00 and non-members will be £4.00.
- Location: HQ for the LFCC Evening 10s will be the White Horse Inn, in Seagrave.
- Start Time: 19:30
- Results: Unverified results will be photographed and put onto our club Facebook page, with finalised results being published ASAP after the event online.
- Course Map including marshalling postitions: LFCC 10 TT A10/11 Course
- Our evening 10 take place on the A10/11 10 mile time trial course see below maps in various formats:
- All riders will be required to have a good working rear light fitted their cycle. Riders will be allowed one week grace for no-light or a poor light.
- Helmets are compulsory for under 18's but strongly recommended for all. Take a look at the CTT regulations for full details.
- Please note anyone spotted taking risks on corners going wide & crossing over the central white line onto the opposite side of the road WILL BE disqualified.
- Fixed wheel cycles: The bike needs two braking methods and a fixed wheel with a locking ring fitted is taken as one braking method. A good front front brake + correct fixed wheel is okay.
- To take part in these time trials you do need to be a member of a CTT affiliated Cycling Club such as ourselves, LFCC membership is only £12.50 a year.
- For more information on time trials please take a look at the CTT website - www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk
The White Horse have very kindly let us set up our HQ in their lovely beer garden, but as you will appreciate, we were rather spoiled for space at the golf club last year, and cannot hope to replicate that at a nice country pub. As such, we are unable to provide any car parking spaces, and you will have to park on the roads in and around the village. We know our competitors are a friendly and sensible bunch, so we are confident that you will all park courteously and not block in local residents.
An alternative may be to park further afield, perhaps Sileby or Thrussington, and use the ride to HQ as part of your warm up?
Either way, this is a new set-up, and we will be monitoring it closely to make sure it's working for everyone, competitors, volunteers, and of course the local residents, and we would appreciate your feedback on anything you think we could try differently to improve things.
Many thanks - and we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Hungry after a big effort on the A46? Why not make an evening of it and stay for tea? The White Horse offers great food, and you would be more than welcome to stay and eat after the time trials.
The menu can be found here - last orders are at 8:45pm, so in the event of a large field, you may not be back in time to order - fear not - we will have a menu and order sheet at sign on, so you can pre-order before you set off!