CLUB EVENING 10 mile Time Trial series
6 consecutive THURSDAYs, from 7TH JUNE - 12TH JULY 2018
Course A10/11 - REVISED start time 7.15pm
We've agreed to use the PLAYING FIELDS ADJACENT TO Seagrave Memorial Hall for the remaining two events. PLEASE DO NOT PARK AT THE VILLAGE HALL ITSELF - WE HAVEN'T BOOKED THE HALL AND YOU MAY GET LOCKED IN!
Google Street View of the gate - Enter via the wooden gate before the main entrance to the village hall. Park on the grass away from the play area.
This is to ensure our riders and volunteers have somewhere to park out of the way of the pub's patrons and villagers. Those of you who have ridden our Open TTs will know it well, but for the rest of you - two streets up on Green Lane!
We will not be using the village hall itself, it won't be open for us, and sign on, results, cakes etc. will all be at The White Horse. Please park up and roll on down to us for sign on and pre-ride chat!
***NEW start time of 19:15 for the final three events***
Those of you who have ridden or marshaled so far this year may have noticed the night time road works and associated road closures on the a46. so far, we have just about been ok, but we have been delaying the work crews from closing the roads, and that isn't acceptable. with that in mind, we have decided to move the final three events forwards by 15 minutes, and reduce the maximum field size to 30 riders. this should ensure that all riders are through past the closure points before 20:00.
if you are down to marshal, the "normal" meeting time of 18:15-18:30 should still suffice, you might just have a little bit less time for a chat before heading out onto the course.
i'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the riders and volunteers who have helped us out so far this year - we think the new hq has been working rather well, and we hope you do too. if you have any comments or feedback for us, then please email me here.
LFCC Evening 10s Returns for 2018 with a new HQ - see below for details
We need a full roster of volunteers signed up in good time before each event - our absolute cut off date is the week before the event - if the roster isn't full by then, the event will be cancelled.
Volunteers will be able to earn a volunteer token for each night they help out, and any LFCC member wishing to compete in the Club TT Trophy, will be required to volunteer for at least one event in order to qualify.
N.B. If you volunteer for an event and that night gets cancelled, it still qualifies as your one night volunteering.
The Championship is based on your 4 best rides out of the maximum 5 events in which you can race (taking out the one volunteered for) - if a subsequent event is cancelled, or there's a night you can't race, meaning for example you only race 3 nights, then the average of the rides completed will be used to bring you up to the four times required for the purposes of the championships.
- Cost: The cost to club members to ride will be £3.00 and non-members will be £4.00.
- Location: HQ for the LFCC Evening 10s will be the White Horse Inn, in Seagrave.
- Start Time: 19:15 - new earlier start time for the final three events, starting Thursday 28th June
- Results: Unverified results will be photographed and put onto our club Facebook page, with finalised results being published ASAP after the event online.
- Course Map including marshaling postitions: LFCC 10 TT A10/11 Course
- Our evening 10 take place on the OLD VERSION OF THE A10/11 10 mile course, so you will be turning left towards Thrussington, not continuing down the A46 to the finish.
- Course map in various formats:
- All riders will be required to have a good working rear light fitted their cycle. Riders will be allowed one week grace for no-light or a poor light.
- Helmets are compulsory for under 18's but strongly recommended for all. Take a look at the CTT regulations for full details.
- Please note anyone spotted taking risks on corners going wide & crossing over the central white line onto the opposite side of the road WILL BE disqualified.
- Fixed wheel cycles: The bike needs two braking methods and a fixed wheel with a locking ring fitted is taken as one braking method. A good front front brake + correct fixed wheel is okay.
- To take part in these time trials you do need to be a member of a CTT affiliated Cycling Club such as ourselves, LFCC membership is only £12.50 a year.
- For more information on time trials please take a look at the CTT website - www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk
***UPDATE*** Parking NOW AVAILABLE AT Seagrave War Memorial HALL:
We've agreed to use the Seagrave Memorial Hall Car Park for the remaining two events. This is to ensure our riders and volunteers have somewhere to park out of the way of the pub's patrons and villagers. Those of you who have ridden our Open TTs will know it well, but for the rest of you - two streets up on Green Lane!
Please note this will be for parking only - the hall will not be open for us, and sign on, results, cakes etc. will all be at The White Horse. Please park up and roll on down to us for sign on and pre-ride chat!
Hungry after a big effort on the A46? Why not make an evening of it and stay for tea? The White Horse offers great food, and you would be more than welcome to stay and eat after the time trials.
The menu can be found here - last orders are at 8:45pm, so in the event of a large field, you may not be back in time to order - fear not - we will have a menu and order sheet at sign on, so you can pre-order before you set off!
We publish a photo of our results sheet directly to our Facebook page on the night itself, and then after a bit of time, the results are formalised onto our lovely spreadsheet. If you spot any major errors, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The spreadsheet also includes the LFCC TT Championship tables as well, for both men's and women's champs - remember that to be eligible, you must have volunteered for at least one event. If you believe your volunteering has been logged incorrectly, please contact the event manager of your evening to resolve.